Active Birth Workshop
Monday 10 September
7.30 – 9.30pm.
Dream Catcher, 24 Westow Hill, Crystal Palace, SE19 1RX.
Nurture Hub’s Active Birth workshop incorporates antenatal education with the principles and practises of hypnobirthing and yoga. Suitable for first and second timers alike, the workshop will help to reframe perceptions about giving birth and leave you feeling empowered and positive.
The workshop will combine:
• An overview of the meaning and benefits of active birth
• Energy conservation in labour
• Active birth positions conducive to a calm and comfortable birth
• Yoga poses and moves for early labour
• Instruction on massage for labour
• Breathing and relaxation techniques
Cost: £40 per person or couple (partner comes free)
To book or make an enquiry, email us at email@example.com
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for special offers and more workshop dates.
Other workshops that we offer.
Beautiful Caesarean Section Birth
This workshop is designed for families who know they will be having a caesarean section, for any reasons. The workshop will be run along the principles of our Hypnobirthing course and include:
• A guided discussion on caesarean section; incorporating knowledge from our core antenatal course and families’ questions/emotional responses to their chosen or required birth
• Information on choices that couples can make/discuss with their medical care givers in planning their caesarean birth
• Information on recovery post-surgery and guidelines on how to return to exercise safely
• Hypnobirthing techniques to increase the likelihood of a calm, comfortable and enjoyable birth.
This workshop will last 2 hours. This workshop will run when interest demands. We will need at least three families at each session and therefore we ask that you register interest as soon as possible via email.
Cost: £50 per family
Baby Massage Workshops
The baby massage workshops will run monthly, on a Thursday, in our South Norwood base. This is a lovely workshop that not only gives parents techniques to soothe their baby but also supports bonding, can help to ease infant conditions such as trapped wind and colic and also give new parents a chance to meet one another. The workshops will include:
• A brief explanation of infant physiology and benefits of massage
• Guidance on the use of appropriate oils
• Demonstrations of massage strokes, techniques and bonding actions
• Group massage of the babies, along with gentle singing
• Takeaway material in order that parents have notes to continue massage at home.
The workshop will run for 1.5 hours and this includes guidance and instruction from our ITEC qualified instructor, 30-40 mins of hands on baby massage and time for refreshments and to meet other parents afterwards.
Cost: £20 per family
Prenatal Deep Relaxation Workshop
An extended Yoga workshop that will combine hypnotherapy scripts, based in the Hypnobirthing techniques, and a guided mindful mediation.
Cost: £18 per client.
Support for the Breastfeeding Body
This workshop will invite breastfeeding mums to our South Norwood base for a calm session in a private space. We will focus on the stresses and strains that breastfeeding can cause the body. The workshop will include:
• Support for establishing breastfeeding in terms of various positioning and adjusting posture with the help of pillows or alternative body positioning.
• A yoga session to target the common areas of tension in the mother’s body
• Time for refreshment and to talk to other parents
• A 15 % discount voucher for a targeted breastfeeding support massage.
Cost: £20 per client